All Drawings Copyright Dan Marquart

All images are hand drawn on my iPad2. All Drawings are Copyright Dan Marquart. Feel free to Right Click and save any of my Drawings to your Desktop or Hard Drive and Print them.

Saturday, July 9, 2011

Rambling on about Stalker

Stalker (1979) is my favorite film by director Andrei Tarkovsky. I have watched this film so many times that I no longer need to have subtitles. I know every line by heart. This is good, because watching it without subtitles is like watching it for the first time. You get to see the whole screen, and your eyes are no longer diverted to the bottom of the screen. Wow, what a difference! This is a visually stunning film as far as I'm concerned. Film as art. I see this film as a painting on the move. Sepia to black and white to color and back again. The textures on every wall, floor, ceiling, and even clothing are rich, interesting and varied. Wind, earth, fire, and, of course, water. Everywhere. By the way, my purpose here is just to share what Tarkovsky's films mean to me and how they have inspired me literally, artistically, and philosophically.

No comments:

Post a Comment